Friday, January 14, 2011

Patience Pays Off

I have been on a long, tireless search for the perfect black boot. Can you imagine? The perfect heel height, toe shape, not too dressy or too casual, buttery leather... and above all, it must fit like Cinderella's slipper. Oh, and did I mention I don't want to spend more than $50? Fat chance of this happening - in my lifetime at least.

Rewind to last weekend... My husband took the kids and I quickly grabbed my purse and ran out the door to hit up my favorite hot spots. Low and behold, on the very top shelf of the third shoe rack the Fashion Fairy sent me a gift. My boots! Vintage Dexter mid-calf boots in black leather with the coolest stacked brown heel. Very Indie Urban in my size 9. Just what I had been dreaming of... And for the perfect price of  - brace yourself for what you are about to read - $3.75.



I literally had to refrain from jumping up and down and shouting with glee, but in that moment I was thankful that I didn't succumb to any impulse purchases that the internet had to offer. I guess what they say is true... Good things really do come to those who wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment